Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We're All Fucked!! And Don't I Know It...


So after the Dow lost $1 trillion in wealth assets yesterday. I thought 1 trillion was like a made up number kids use. Like I have 1 trillion video games or 1 trillion sodas at my house. I guess not. So now that we basically are on our way to food lines, and cooking shit stew, I came across another issue today that has me worried. The cows are fucked also!! People will have to be rationed to four modest portions of meat and one litre of milk a week if the world is to avoid run-away climate change, a major new report warns. The report, by the Food Climate Research Network, based at the University of Surrey, also says total food consumption should be reduced, especially "low nutritional value" treats such as alcohol, sweets and chocolates(1). Well thats just great,eat chocolate, get drunk just like granny used to do. Could be worse in my eyes, but I tell you this. I'm not becoming some tender ass veagan, that shit is soft like my moms laundry. But if any of you idiots were to think that was a good back-up plan, eating cashew oil and kale, playing hackie sack, growing a vagina, you were even more wrong! The report's findings are in line with an investigation by the October edition of the Ecologist magazine, which found that arguments for people to go vegetarian or vegan to stop climate change and reduce pressure on rising food prices were exaggerated and would damage the developing world in particular, where many people depend on animals for essential food, other products such as leather and wool, and for manure and help in tilling fields to grow other crops. Instead, it recommended cutting meat consumption by at least half and making sure animals were fed as much as possible on grass and food waste which could not be eaten by humans. "The notion that cows and sheep are four-legged weapons of mass destruction has become something of a distraction from the real issues in both climate change and food production," said Pat Thomas, the Ecologist's editor (2). We're fucked. Like big time poop-shit fucked. I think we all should throw on a pair of zubas (http://www.zubaz.com/) and have a banana cognac and relax. At least thats what i'm going to do.

Love From A Thug,

Famous

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics